Please take a moment to read through these guidelines so that we can meet in accordance with government regulations and keep our church as a safe place.
Our COVID-19 Safety Plan has been registered with the Department of Health and copies are available at the church if you would like to see one.
The limit on the number of people is governed by the 4 sq metre rule, up to a maximum of 100 people. Our building allows a maximum of 60 people (adults and children) plus those facilitating the Church Service and Sunday School.
We are holding 3 services each Sunday, at 9.00am, 10.30am and 4.00pm with Sunday School and Creche provided during each service.
The following precautions are being applied in order to make our meetings as safe as possible:
- Anyone who has flu-like symptoms such as, fever or respiratory symptoms i.e. sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, joint or muscle pain must stay at home and not attend the services until they are well again.
- Anyone who is over 70 or has underlying medical issues should consider seriously whether it is right for them to gather with a large crowd of people yet.
- We will continue to provide a pre-recorded video service each week for those who are unable to come to one of our services.
- Appropriate hygiene must be observed such as:
- hand sanitiser is provided for useon arrival at church and bathrooms are kept stocked with soap and paper towels.
- no handing out of bibles, notice sheets or handing around the collection plate
- no shaking hands or hugging when greeting people
- There will be no communal singing but there will be music provided either live or by video.
- The Lord’s Supper can be conducted with appropriate precautions such the bread and cups being handed out individually by the elders wearing gloves.
- The names and contact numbers of all people attending will be recorded for each service.
- The chairs are appropriately spaced to ensure at least 1.5m social distancing for seating arrangements. Families may sit together and children are not required to keep the 1.5m social distance.
- Everyone is reminded of the need to keep 1.5m apart when having conversations before or after the service and please do not gather around the entrance area.
- We will not be sharing morning or afternoon tea after the services, but you may like to invite some people back to you home for refreshments.
- Following each service, the building will be cleaned in accordance with the guidelines provided for churches through Safe Work Australia.