Are you or will you be
Working with children or young people,
Leading a Bible study,
In any official leadership/pastoral role?
If so, there are two requirements that must be met:
- You must have a current government mandated Working with Children Clearance (WWCC), which has been registered and verified by the church.
- You must complete training (to be done every three years, and possibly “refresher” training yearly in-between) called “Breaking the Silence” (BTS), which deals with addressing and preventing abuse within the church.
Look through the following questions to find what you need to do, and follow the link as appropriate.
- I don’t have a WWCC number. How do I get one?
- I already have a number, but need to register with the church. How do I do that?
- My WWCC clearance will soon expire. What do I need to do?
- I can’t find my Clearance notice from the Kid’s Guardian. What can I do?
- How can I update my contact details with the Kid’s Guardian?
(It’s important to do this, as you could be fined.)
- How do I do the BTS?
There are two possible ways:
- There are training sessions held on a Sunday afternoon at the start of the year. Check the Noticesheet for announcements.
- There is an online version of the course, which can be done anytime.
- Do I need to do the “refresher” training?
If you have direct contact with children, e.g. Sunday School teacher, Prayer Buddy, then yes, you need to do it in-between the full training.
- How do I do the “refresher” training?