Here’s the process
There are two things that you need to do to be legally able to work in the church.
- Obtain your clearance number from the government.
- Register with the church and have your clearance verified.
Obtaining your clearance number
- Fill out an online application form.
- Take the application number that you are given to Service NSW with your photo ID to prove your identity.
- Wait with eager expectancy for your clearance email to arrive in your inbox.
Registering with the church
- Guess what – it’s another online form! Here’s the Registration form.
- Forward your clearance email to this email address: email@example.com
⚪ That’s the process completed. Both you and St James will receive notification from Presbyterian head office when your clearance has been verified.
⚪ However, don’t forget about the possible need to also do the “Breaking the Silence” training.