Here’s the process
There are two things that you need to do to legally be able to continue working in the church.
- Renew your clearance.
- Have your renewed clearance verified by the church. (You must do this step as well).
Three months before your clearance expires, the Office of Children’s Guardian will send you a notice of upcoming expiry with instructions for renewing.
Are your contact details up-to-date?
If not, you will likely never receive the notice. Follow this link to update them: Update details
- You can renew anytime within the 3 months prior to the expiry date. Fill out this renewal application form.
- Take the application number that you are given to Service NSW with your photo ID to prove your identity.
- Wait with eager expectancy for your clearance email to arrive in your inbox.
- Add your Date-of-Birth to the email when you do the next step. (If you forget to do this it means a very busy person is even busier chasing that up unneccesarily from the records).
- Forward your clearance email to this email address: email@example.com
That’s the process completed. Both you and St James will receive notification from Presbyterian head office when your clearance has been verified.